Keith and Lorri MacGregor
On March 24, 2011 Lorri and Keith MacGregor sent us their intention to go off the MMO ministry boards due to ill health, family pressures to move, and what is best for the ministry.
Heads up email with intention to resign
Dear Richard & Cheryl,
Keith and I wanted to give you a heads up so you can talk things over before we get to Nelson, and then we can get together and make some decisions best for the ministry. Here is our situation:
1. Our health. Two doctors have told me I am at high risk for stroke or another aneurysm and should not be living in an isolated community, but near to trauma facilities. Keith has a tricky mitral valve that could place him in an emergency situation without warning, and he, too should be near proper medical care. We love Nelson and all our connections there, but we can’t move Nelson closer! We had planned on years of dual residency, but recent events have intervened. Sometimes life is not fair.
2. We are under pressure from our kids to move here permanently. Keith feels we should sell our Nelson house. I have finally agreed that we will put up a “for sale sign by owner” (no agents) and accept whatever the Lord chooses to do. If our house sells then I will accept it as God’s will that we live permanently at the Coast. If not, we need to seek God’s will further. Somehow we have to tidy up this asset while we are still physically able to.
3. We wonder if all this is fair to you and Richard. It certainly wasn’t in all our plans! Perhaps now is the time for Keith and I to resign off the board so you and Richard could find some local replacements you could work with, and receive their steady support. You mentioned you would like to bring Marlene’s son on board, at least in the USA, so perhaps we should all plan to move in this direction. What are your thoughts?
4. The N & V’s is very dear to my heart. However perhaps you and Richard feel you should take over. If so, I would still like to contribute articles, but that would be your choice. At one time you both felt perhaps the N & V’s should be discontinued. If you both feel that way, we would need to come up with some good way to wind it up. (refunding subscriptions might pose some problems for cash flow). Anyway, we can discuss it when we come. Please pray with us to be in God’s Will in all this.
5. Keith enjoys his website interaction and ministry and says he will continue it as long as he is able. I still have a burden to write scripts and produce more DVDs and this can happen as time and circumstances allow in the future. Whether or not we are on the board should not matter between friends. We are all committed to the ministry God gave us, no matter what.
Well, that’s about it. Let us know your thoughts on the above. We would love to have your input. See you next week, weather permitting!
Lorri & Keith
Note: Keith and Lorri MacGregor officially resigned on March 31, 2011. Shortly after their resignation, Lorri decided that it was time to discontinue writing for the News & Views so that the work would go on with the next generation. For several years, Richard and Cheryl had been publishing the News & Views from their ministry office in Nelson and so the transition from production team to added responsibilities of writing and the work of chief editor carried on without a hitch. It is important for all of us to remain faithful in carrying on the work that God has given us to do, and we plan to work hard in ministry for many years to come. It has been difficult without any local support at all, but God has been good in keeping us passionate and giving us an opportunity to serve Him and the church.
Richard and Cheryl Schatz, and Marlene Mercado